Location: Charlotte, NC
Length: 6 weeks
Education Level: Rising Junior or Senior
Summer Interns have the exciting opportunity to be meaningful members of the North Inlet team, contributing to business development, client coverage, research, business and financial analyses, and transaction execution. The Summer Intern’s time will be focused on supporting the team’s work for a limited number of live client engagements and will include both transaction-related and non-transaction-related work.
This is a unique opportunity that differentiates itself from both typical sell-side investment banking experience and internal corporate development experience. Much like an internal corporate development position, the nature of the role is situation dependent and often requires strategic perspective as to what is best for a client over time. However, multiple client engagements expand the variety and composition of the workload. Our boutique size results in constant interaction with the North Inlet’s senior professionals and frequent interaction with client executive teams. As a firm, we also aim to balance our personal and professional lives in a manner that is both sustainable and fulfilling for all.
Key responsibilities will include:
• Conducting research (e.g. company and market research)
• Supporting the due diligence and deal execution process
• Assisting with financial analyses of prospective acquisition targets
• Supporting firm marketing and business development activities
Characteristics of a successful candidate:
• Strong quantitative and qualitative research, assessment, and critical thinking skills
• Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills, with resourcefulness and flexibility
• Demonstrated attention to detail, reliability, responsibility, and pride in workmanship
• Experience with Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
• Proven success within an accredited four-year university currently being attended
• Knowledge in business valuation and financial modeling (e.g., comparable company,
precedent transactions, IRR, ROIC, DCF, and LBO analyses) a plus
The Summer Intern position will be based at our Charlotte, NC office. Qualified candidates should submit a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
North Inlet Advisors provides corporate development research and investment banking advisory services to public and private companies in the food, forestry, agriculture, and industrial sectors with a bias toward long-term client engagements that drive acquisitive growth. Our approach takes independent thinking, creative problem solving and the ability to bring order to highly complex situations. North Inlet Advisors is registered with FINRA and a member of SIPC.