Location: Charlotte, NC
Education Level: Bachelor’s Degree
Experience: 0-2 years in any field
Research Analysts are an integral part the North Inlet team, contributing to the research efforts as it relates to both prospective client searches and active client work. The Research Analyst’s time will be focused on learning and understanding an assignment and helping to identify attractive targets for both active buy-side clients and for future business for North Inlet.
This is a unique opportunity that will provide a knowledge base and diverse research experience relating to both typical sell-side investment banking and internal corporate development. Much like an internal corporate development position, the nature of the role is situation dependent and often requires strategic perspective as to what is best for a client over time. However, multiple client engagements expand the variety and composition of the workload. Our boutique size results in constant interaction with the North Inlet’s senior professionals and frequent interaction with client executive teams. As a firm, we also aim to balance our personal and professional lives in a manner that is both sustainable and fulfilling for all.
Key responsibilities will include:
• Conducting research (e.g. company and market research)
• Identify attractive target companies through primary strategic research
• Track research progress to develop Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) for clients
• Communicate and collaborate with deal teams to ultimately support the execution of
• Assist in the building of marketing materials used for both active clients and business
Characteristics of a successful candidate:
• Strong quantitative and qualitative research, assessment, and critical thinking skills
• Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills, with resourcefulness and flexibility
• Demonstrated attention to detail, reliability, responsibility, and pride in workmanship
• Willing to roll up sleeves and provide hands-on support as it pertains to research
• Genuinely enjoys exploring online “rabbit holes” while learning about new topics and
finding interesting data to connect the dots to help achieve company goals
• Proficiency with Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
• BS/BA from an accredited four-year university and 0-2 years of professional work
experience in any field
The Research Analyst position will be based at our Charlotte, NC office. Qualified candidates
should submit a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.